LEGION PREMIUM KIMONO
Legion Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) premium Jiu Jitsu kimono. This is an excellent choice for all levels.
The Kimono (Gi) is built using soft preshrunk very strong cotton fabrics (Pearl Weave)
Made from one piece jacket with EVA Foam Collar, triple stitched at all seams and reinforced with rip stop material.
The kimono is made with a true BJJ cut including a shorter jacket and tapered fit.
The Pants are made from super light weight rip-stop material with rope drawstring 6 point loop system.
- Legion Embroidered Logos
- Inside Sublimated Neck Lining
- 450GSM Pearl Weave Jacket
- Durable jacket and pants
- Stiff, thick collar
- 100% pre-shrunk cotton material
- Single piece jacket construction with reinforced stitching and heavy reinforced seams
- EVA Foam Collar
- True BJJ cut with shorter jacket and well tapered arms
- Intended to last for years and built with quality
- Light weight rip-stop gi pants
* You will only get 3-5% shrinkage in a cold wash with hang dry.
Note: Washing in hot water and/or heat drying will cause this gi to shrink more!
– Always wash your BJJ GI at 30-40 degrees centigrade. Washing on a higher temperature can not only cause excessive shrinking but can also warp the collar of the jacket.
On all our BJJ GI’s the collars have an core of EMA rubber giving it strength and durability. Washing and drying on high temperatures can cause the collar to warp out of shape.
– Always wash your GI inside out, this prevents other clothes or indeed the GI itself from rubbing the fabric.
Particularly in coloured BJJ GI’s this will help to keep the GI’s correct colour for longer.
– If possible wash with an organic or non-bio detergent this will minimize the chemicals interacting with the fabric of GI.
– Under no circumstance should you place your BJJ GI in a tumble dryer, this will cause high levels of shrinkage and will stress all areas of the BJJ GI causing it to lose shape (see above section on washing at high temperatures)
– Always allow your GI to dry naturally do not let it dry against any high temperatures ie, radiators, towel rails. A method We recommend is to place the GI’s on a clothes dryer and position it about 1m from a radiator. This allows the warm air to circulate and dry the GI, without the excessive temperature.
– If you are one of the people who likes to iron their GI’s please iron inside our and not over any of the patches. Even though the patches on the GI’s are woven they can sometimes stick to the bottom of an iron.
By nature all BJJ Gi’s will shrink slightly (no matter what some brands might say!). Cotton is a material that will absorb water heavily when washed. When the GI is then dried the material will shrink back and condense down to its tightest form. If is dried at a high temperature the water evaporates from the material quicker and the cotton condenses or shrinks more. That is why when washing and drying you should do so on the lowest temperature possible.
A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5