Alex Umantsev (Head Coach)
Alex is a Brazilain Jiu-Jitsu and Grappling fighter and a certified coach at Legion Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy. He holds a BJJ Black Belt under Ido Pariente. Alex is a lifelong athlete and coaches fighters in ground & stand combat, as well as self-defense techniques.
Alex has been competing worldwide in BJJ tournaments and has much hands-on experience to pass on.
His competition achievements so far:
- London International Open 2012-Master-Blue-1st
- Rome International Open 2013-master-purple-2nd
- European Jiu Jitsu Championships NOGI-1st
- Rome International Open 2014-master 1-purple-1st
- Worlds Masters 2014 purple 3rd
- Long Beach Internationals Open 2014-master-purple-1st
- European Jiu Jitsu Championship 2015 master 3rd- NOGI-1st
- Rome International Open 2015 master 1 brown 1st
- London Fall International Open 2015-master 1-brown-feather 1st-Open weight-1st
- London Fall Int, Open 2015 NOGI-3rd
- Munich International Open 2016-brown-adult-3rd
- Munich int. Open 2016 NOGI master 1 brown-1st
- New York Spring Int open 2016 brown 3rd
- New York Spring International NOGI 2016 brown 1st
Giorgi Khinchagashvili is the first instructor raised among Legion Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ranks and one of the first legitimate blue belts in the country.
Giorgi fully meets our high standards of instructor selection and he possesses not only the required BJJ skills, but also the skills and ethics necessary to be a coach. He is the coach of the kids Brazilian Jiu Jitsu program, which is of great importance to us and he fully realizes the importance.
Giorgi is also a national champion in grappling under the UWW (United World Wrestling) and Ukraine National Challenge champion, where he won every match convincingly and most matches by submission.
For him 2020 will be a year full of big challenges and first stop is Rome: ABU DHABI CONTINENTAL PRO JIU-JITSU CHAMPIONSHIP- EUROPE GI.